Thursday, December 4, 2008

Finally here!

Question of the day - just how long can a person stay awake and alert? Answer - as long as she needs to!!!

It's now 1:15 in the afternoon on Thursday here in Shymkent and I've hardly slept since I left my house on Tuesday morning! I don't know how people really sleep for hours on planes - it's just so uncomfortable! Anyway, I made it here and am getting settled in a bit and am going to sign some paperwork this afternoon. Tomorrow morning I get to go to the baby house and meet my new daughter :) As soon as I can start taking pictures, I'll post them here.

It's very much like China here in Kazakhstan - it's like you're stepping back in time! There is lots of new construction here in Shymkent though and they tell me the city is growing quickly. I'll try to get out and take some pictures of the city sometime too - after I've actually gotten some sleep!

No comments: